Moolmans is a world leader in shaft sinking and access development, with expertise to sink and equip both vertical and decline shafts of various diameters to depths of more than 2 000 metres and through all types of rock formations.
The company has the technical expertise and resources to deliver multi-disciplinary projects that include design work, civil works and mechanised mining.
With project management and design capabilities, the business is geared
to provide a design function that includes:
- Conceptual pre-feasibility and feasibility studies relating to shaft design,
shaft sinking and infrastructural services
- Mine design for sinking of decline and vertical shafts, mine development,
stoping, surface and underground infrastructure
- Shaft and shaft furnishing including conveyor belt systems
- Design and draughting for mechanical, structural, piping, electrical and civil works
- Innovative and cost-effective techniques are used in the execution of pre-sinking as well as mechanised sinking to complete a fully-lined and equipped shaft.
Our capabilities include the manufacturing and installation of headgears, surface infrastructure, and sinking stages.