Moolmans recognises that the success of our operations relies on a climate of economic and social prosperity. Our ability to create value for our stakeholders is dependent on our business being financially stable and requires us to conduct our activities in a manner supportive of sustainability, which includes the efficient and ethical management of all our resources and our stakeholder relationships.
The following set of objectives underpins our policy framework:
- Adherence and commitment to South Africa’s BBBEE or localisation strategy of the country we operate in, for the benefit of both business and local communities through collaboration
- Be a good and responsible corporate citizen
- Respond to community needs and build sustainable social capital
- Mobilise and strengthen sustainable relationships with clients and other stakeholders to ensure broader and more meaningful impact in local communities
- Develop a strong human capital and skills pool
- Mobilise and develop a local supply chain base relevant to business requirements.
Moolmans is committed to implementing corporate social responsibility strategies throughout all their operations in line with internationally recognised sustainability guidelines and principles and is also aligned to the Aveng Group’s sustainability policies and practices.
The Aveng Group reports on the economic, environmental and social impacts of the activities of its businesses in its sustainability report, which is published on the Group’s website (www.aveng.co.za). The report provides comprehensive detail on the Group’s sustainability performance against its strategy and specific goals and targets in five key areas: safety, health, environment, strategic people management and transformation, as well as the Group’s risk-based approach to sustainability and sustainability reporting and governance.